Friday Fifteen with Friends: Danielle Moss
Published: March 4th, 2016
Great style requires a great sense of vision and enough self-confidence to take big risks. Danielle Moss, the co-founder of the nationally renowned blog, The Everygirl, is all about style, vision and self-confidence, and so is her blog. A native of California, she chose Chicago for her home (my kind of Chicagoan!) and has been thriving here ever since as a blogger (danielle-moss.com), freelance graphic designer, stylist, and photographer.
We are thrilled to feature Danielle Moss in this week’s “Friday Fifteen with Friends.”
Name: Danielle Moss
Occupation: Co-founder and editor of theeverygirl.com
Best known for: A love of neutral interiors and rescue dogs
1. Antique or modern?
I’m going to be difficult and say antique with a mix of modern. I try to have at least one unique, vintage piece in each room.
2. What has inspired or informed your interior style?
Not sure there’s one thing in particular, but as the years go by I keep gravitating toward a more modern and streamlined look.
3. Which colors do you use most?
When it comes to my home and wardrobe I tend to stick with a neutral palette of white and grey. There’s proof on my instagram.
4. Favorite materials or textures?
Marble, linen, and velvet.
5. How do you make your home double as a work space?
I have a small home office and usually work there or at my dining table. Pre-home office, I always had a desk in my living room.
6. What household item could you not live without?
Probably my nespresso and frother. I’ve gotten very used to my espresso and almond milk every morning.
7. What household items are a necessity to host a great party?
I almost always use a slow cooker to make meatballs or something easy and have an assortment of platters, cheese knives, wine glasses, and linen napkins.
8. Tips for hosting at home?
I try to make hosting as easy as possible by always having wine on hand and by buying pre-made treats and snacks.
9. Which design website, TV show, or magazine would you be lost without?
I actually don’t watch any design shows but love Domino, House Beautiful, and Elle Decor.
10. Design rule you love to break?
Not everything needs to be paired in 3’s.
11. What is your favorite room in you home?
Probably my bedroom. I wake up feeling like I’m in a European Airbnb.
12. What is your most treasured possession?
Nothing matters more than my dog, but next in line would be my grandmother’s necklace. My most treasured piece of furniture is an antique dresser that my mom bought me when I moved to Chicago.
13. What is your favorite thing about Chicago—design-related or otherwise?
Chicago has soul. It’s full of culture, history, beautiful architecture, great neighborhoods, and the friendliness of the midwest.
14. To which city or country would you move for the design?
France or Italy.
15. How would you describe your style?
Very, very neutral.