Friday Fifteen with Friends: Jennifer Worman
Published: April 29th, 2016
Jennifer Worman has established not only a life in Chicago but a place in the city’s fashion world. Her popular blog, Red Soles and Red Wine offers great takes on clothing, accessories, and food. She also designs her own jewelry and is the co-founder of t+j designs with her sister Tiffany. A mother of two adorable boys, she understands what it takes to balance family and work while maintaining her passion for the finer things in life. That makes her the subject of this week’s Friday 15 with Friends!
Name: Jennifer Worman
Occupation: CEO/Designer/Co-Owner of t+j Designs and Blogger at Red Soles and Red Wine
Best known for: Being a mom to two boys and a Girl Boss ☺
1. Antique or modern? I love a mixture of both, I don’t like to stick to one style and mixing modern, glam and antique pieces feel more like how I dress.
2. What has inspired or informed your interior style? Really it has been trial and error, my decorating style even 10 years ago was awful. I relate it to being able to style myself, it takes practice, buying different things, mixing and matching and also evolving to find what works. I am obsessed with instagram and pinterest which has helped me figure out what I love and don’t love for my house. Plus I’ve had help from good interior design friends.
3. Which colors do you use most? I love red and pink in general but for my home I love whites, grays, and gold
4. Favorite materials or textures? I LOVE velvet, I love prints such as leopard and stripes and love a good rug.
5. How do you make your home double as a work space? Since I work from home it is my work space ☺. My jewelry is sprinkled everywhere in the house (like home accessories) but I do have an office that contains everything I do from samples, to fixtures to clothing I sell. I wish honestly it was prettier but my schedule lately has been crazy so right now it looks like a messy retail space.
6. What household item could you not live without? Is it bad to say my TV? It is my way of relaxing – watching TV with my kids or husband. But overall if it was a room I would say my kitchen! This girl’s got to eat and I love to eat. Plus it’s where my family sits to catch up.
7. What household items are a necessity to host a great party? I find going anyplace to buy just white platters, white plates (it doesn’t have to be expensive), and wine glasses that match makes it look nice. Good food and good company are really my necessities in having a great party.
8. Tips for hosting at home? Lots of wine, champagne and beer for the guests ☺, making sure they are well feed and served. Even something as simple as having a cheese platter and chips and dips is fine for food but make it fun. Tips on decorating – keep it simple with white plates as I said before, have a side bar for drinks and some fresh flowers and candles from the grocery store surrounding the area make it look nice.
9. Which design website, TV show, or magazine would you be lost without? Who isn’t obsessed with HGTV? I could watch it all day! But I also love Elle Décor and anything I can search for on pinterest. Million Dollar listing in New York is also a favorite. I love peeking in on great décor and hoping one day I can buy one of the stunning homes featured on the show.
10. Design rule you love to break? Mixing gold and silver together, but really design and styling is about making your own rules. As long as I’m happy and confident with my choices I don’t question whether or not it is right or wrong. Being confident and comfortable with what you love is most important.
11. What is your favorite room in you home? My living room and my bedroom (I couldn’t choose)
12. What is your most treasured possession? My wedding ring, I not only love the design (I designed it) but it was the start of my life together with my husband and years later I have two adorable boys that complete my family.
13. What is your favorite thing about Chicago—design-related or otherwise? The people I’ve met and all the food options.
14. To which city or country would you move for the design? New York City, I lived there right before I moved to Chicago. I love the fast paced lifestyle, the European influence and the diversity.
15. How would you describe your style? Accessible glam style